5. Mainbox Guide
5.1. User Interface
Mainbox’s user interface contains 2 elements:
- Knob (rotation & push)
After boot, the screen displays INPUTS page and you can switch between them by rotating the knob.
Note: the outputs above are already configured to various type. Nevertheless, at first boot, all outputs are not used by default.
INPUTS and INFO are read-only pages.
OUTPUTS and OPTIONS are read & write pages, meaning it is possible to change parameters value with the knob.
The complete description of those parameters is in chapter 6.
For now, let’s focus solely on the interface and see how those values can be modified.
There are 3 knob modes: page, selection, value.
To change a parameter:
- Push to enter selection mode (arrow appears)
- Rotate to highlight wanted parameter
Note: beyond first and last line, the knob goes back to page mode (arrow disappears)
- Push to enter value mode (arrow blinks)
- Rotate to change value
- Push to validate & exit value mode, back to selection mode
- Rotate beyond first or last line to exit selection mode back to page mode
Note: You can observe that any modification is sent to the app, and vice-versa.